There are many reasons why we may need to ship a vehicle from one part of the country to another. Depending on the reason there are certain things to consider.
Here are a few tips from us.
- Moving a car to a different State due to tax purposes or because you can get a better price buying out of State. When you are looking at buying a car from another State always check first the cost of shipping the car back home to make sure the total cost makes sense.
- When you buy a Classic vehicle. In this case you should consider choosing an enclosed carrier option for added protection and care.
- Moving to a different State. You will most likely be using one company to ship your household items, and although they may offer an enclosed space to ship your car(s) as well, we suggest looking at the cost of shipping the car with a specialized company like ours. This is because you will most likely get a better price when your car(s) are shipped as a group with other vehicles, rather than buying an enclosed space with your household items.
- Snowbirds – when you move to a different location at the start of the summer and the start of winter. It’s a lot quicker to ship your cars and get back to the Sun as soon as possible. If you are shipping in the opposite direction you will likely be able to get a better deal. Plus, the key to getting the best price is to ship slightly earlier or slightly later to avoid the bulk rush.
- If a family member is going away to college. It is safer and easier to fly and have the car delivered after you/they have arrived.
If you have any questions or require any assistance don’t hesitate to call us at 302-268-9083.